30k 60k 90k Preventative Car Maintenance Check
30K|60K|90K Scheduled Service Check-Up/Factory Scheduled Maintenance
Understanding what a 30k|60k|90k Service is and why do I always hear about it?
Manufacturers often have routine service schedules applicable based on a vehicle’s age and mileage. Some of the more common intervals recur every 30,000 miles. A 30/60/90K service check up is designed to address maintenance and inspection items applicable to the respective mileage interval. Generally, these items may include filter changes, fluid changes and a comprehensive visual maintenance inspection as well as other items, depending on the specific mileage interval. Most modern vehicles will have received several major service requirements at 90,000 miles. Some however, may not require some of these items (Timing Belts, for example) until the next interval of 120,000 miles or beyond. However, once the major service intervals have been crossed and the required services addressed, the ongoing maintenance schedule reverts to one very similar to the original 30/60/90 schedule, with some exceptions. These exceptions will vary from one vehicle to the next and may also be influenced by other repairs and maintenance that inevitably become more common with high mileage vehicles.
While manufacturer maintenance schedules almost always have service intervals that fall within a 30, 60 or 90,000 mile range (7500, 15,000, 22,500, 75,000etc.), the 30,000 mile intervals are generally accepted as the most common and important. To help ensure vehicle performance and reliability, ALL maintenance intervals must be addressed based on manufacture recommendations and vehicle use.
Most 30|60|90K service checkups will include the following items:
- OIL CHANGE
- FOUR WHEEL TIRE ROTATION AND COMPUTER SPIN BALANCE. CHECK AND ADJUST TIRE PRESSURE.
- INSPECTION AND REPLACEMENT OF FILTERS (AIR, CABIN, FUEL, ETC.)
- PERFORM GENERAL VISUAL MAINTENANCE INSPECTION OF VEHICLE’S PARTS AND SYSTEMS – TIRES, WHEELS, BRAKES, LIGHTS, BELTS, HOSES, DRIVE-TRAIN AND FUEL SYSTEM, FOR EXAMPLE
- AT HIGHER MILEAGE – SPARK PLUGS, BELTS, TIMING BELTS, ETC., AS APPLICABLE.
- REPLACEMENT OF CERTAIN FLUIDS (OFTEN COOLING SYSTEM COOLANT)
- A VEHICLE ROAD TEST
Keep your vehicle healthy by scheduling a routine maintenance service today.
Proudly Serving the Following Locations:
- Driver’s Edge | Allen
- Driver’s Edge | Arlington
- Driver’s Edge | Flower Mound
- Driver’s Edge | Fort Worth
- Driver’s Edge | Frisco
- Driver’s Edge | Grapevine
- Driver’s Edge | Irving
- Driver’s Edge | Keller
- Driver’s Edge | Lewisville
- Driver’s Edge | Mansfield
- Driver’s Edge | McKinney
- Driver’s Edge | Plano
- Driver’s Edge | Prosper
- Driver’s Edge | Southlake
- Affordable Auto | Little Elm
- Affordable Auto | McKinney
- Car Care Central | Plano
- Overseas Service Haus | Dallas
- Road Runner Lube & Tune | Fort Worth
- Valvoline Express Lube | Rockwall