Texas State Inspections
As an Official State Vehicle Inspection Station, we help keep your vehicle not only legal, but safe to drive. Most vehicles are required to receive an annual inspection. All inspections include a comprehensive safety inspection; however some vehicles are required to have an emissions test in addition to the safety inspection. Diesel powered vehicles and motorcycles are exempt from the emissions standards, but are still required to have the annual safety inspection.
All of the Driver’s Edge locations are Official Vehicle Inspection Station for the State of Texas.
Items of Inspection for a Passenger Car
* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility
2. Windshield Wipers
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking – beginning with 1960 models)
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old
20. Window Tint
We offer Car Inspections at ALL of our Texas Auto Repair shops: Some quick links to our Official Texas Inspection Stations are below for your convenience.
Frisco Car Inspection – Convenient to the neighborhoods of Starwood, West Frisco, Stonebriar and Lone Star Ranch. We are actively involved in the community.
Allen Car Inspection – on McDermott Road in Allen, TX
We know that you have lots of choices for Official Vehicle Inspections in TX we hope that you will choose Driver’s Edge, your neighborhood Auto Repair Shop. Find an Inspection Station near you now.