Oil Change Services in Dallas, TX
Driver’s Edge Complete Tire & Auto Service in Dallas, TX, offers complete oil, lube, and filter change services, all performed by our experienced, professional ASE-certified oil change mechanics.
A regular oil change service for your vehicle keeps the engine in top working order for as long as possible. A vehicle’s engine has many moving parts that cannot keep working without lubrication and an effective way to cool the system down. An oil and filter change accomplishes these goals. The oil prevents the parts from grinding against each other and it also carries the heat generated by this action away from the engine.
Driver neglect is a common cause of many auto repairs and early system and parts replacements. So, let us set a schedule for your car’s regular oil changes. We also offer our FREE Concierge Service to save you lost time at work or home.
Four Important Things Clean Oil Does for Your Car’s Engine
Your engine needs clean oil to ensure top performance from your vehicle. Here are four critical things oil does for your car’s engine:
- Cleans the engine: The oil absorbs debris and other contaminants as it moves through the engine. This prevents sludge buildup or blockages.
- Reduces friction: This prevents excess engine wear. All metal parts within the engine are protected by a lubricating layer from the oil.
- Removes and redistributes excess heat: Clean oil absorbs any excess heat and moves it away from the engine. This stops the engine from overheating.
- Keeps the engine free from rust and corrosion: The protective layer formed by the oil prevents rust and corrosion from affecting the engine parts.
Our oil change mechanics will help you choose the best type of oil for your car and your driving habits.
You Can Rely on A Driver’s Edge Oil Change
A conventional or full synthetic oil change at Driver’s Edge in Dallas includes:
- Draining the old oil out of the engine from underneath
- Removing the old oil filter and installing a clean oil filter
- Putting up to five quarts of new Valvoline oil into the engine
- Lubricating the vehicle’s chassis
- Rotating the tires (upon request)
- Performing a comprehensive multi-point vehicle inspection
We offer more than an oil change at Driver’s Edge! Our vehicle inspection will alert us to the minor problems that we can address before they become more expensive repairs or replacements. We will schedule your next oil change and remind you of any upcoming maintenance appointments.
Regular Oil Changes Every 3,000 Miles Will Extend the Life of Your Car’s Engine
The general recommendation for the frequency of oil changes by auto experts is every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first. You can’t go wrong following that advice; it’s impossible to get the oil changed in your vehicle too often.
It is true that many cars manufactured today may not need oil changes every 3,000 miles. New cars often require a full synthetic oil change at around 7,500 miles, which cuts down on the cost for you. You will need to check your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommendations for your make and model of car.
Here are some factors that determine the frequency of oil changes:
- The recommendations in your owner’s manual
- The age of your car
- Your driving needs (such as towing and hauling)
- Whether it’s a hot or cold climate
- Type of oil being used
- Length of trips undertaken
Discuss these factors with a Driver’s Edge oil change specialist. They can guide you in both the frequency of oil changes, as well as the kind of oil to use.
Driver’s Edge in Dallas Uses Only High-Quality Valvoline Products
The type of oil you use in your car matters, too. We use only the best Valvoline products to protect your car or truck:
- Valvoline Premium Conventional synthetic blend for extra protection in severe driving conditions
- Valvoline Synthetic Blend cleans and protects high-mileage engines
- Valvoline Full Synthetic Oil is clean and clear, with fewer impurities than crude oil
You can also be assured that we use the correct size filter for your car, not a generic “one size fits all” filter. During your oil change service, our Dallas auto repair mechanics will also visually inspect all the other major systems of your vehicle.